PLANNING THE DEVELOPMENT OF OPERATIONAL EMPLOYEES
Competence – a formal scope of authority and skills required in a specific position.
Skills matrix – a tool for analysing employee competence, used to plan their path of development and scheduling training.
Organisational structure – a set of elements of the system (individual workstations, organisational units and sub-units), and their interdependence (organisational ties).
The Manual covers the following topics:
• Planning the development of qualifications
• Competence identification
• Competence evaluation
• Creation of an organisational structure (classification of functions)
• Planning training needs
• Management and planning of the standard staffing
• Rules for on-the-job training
• Classification of employees
• Remuneration system
• Incentive system
• System measures.
Examples of enclosures:
• Process maps
• Model job descriptions
• Competence evaluation survey
• Training plan including specimen exam sheets and registers
• Model skills matrix
• Classification card
• Evaluation cards